Sunday, December 19, 2010

Boundary passing: Notion #3

Residential parking lawns, open roads, concrete pavements, dusty streets and diverging branches of paths were bustling. Along the numerous tiny huts and crude set-up camps of various local shops was the huge sidewalk zone which was entirely occupied with thousands of people, every afternoon. The air was as dry as an empty aquarium with a running vacuum in it, and the sun beamed uncontrollably hot that day. I knew for sure a tan on all over my face and arms would differ much of my skin when I look at myself in the mirror, right after the zesty visit at the bazaar in Sarikin.


When some of the other families of the convoy were about to leave the bazaar, my family and I had just arrived shortly after some delays that happened in the morning departures (Mom needed to exchange her money into local currencies and the annoying part was there wasn't much Money Changers in here)


         Anyway....


The people here were many, as I mentioned. Majority of them were locals, but the tourists weren't left little in fact there were also a lot of them, especially from Brunei!


When I appeared with a sudden temptation to flee back to the car, because the heat in the air was irritatingly blinding, I stumbled upon an old friend. He looked as bald as how he usually have become ever since long before he transferred to another high school, and that was the time I became as distant as a fading daylight reaching to the grounds, to him.


Despite all that had lost, I've taken the chance to actually share our news respectively. Likewise, he told me that he had departed from Brunei since Friday. Regardless of being notably annoying, it had been a long time I haven't seen him since then.. without anything to know about each other's updates. And the ever similar thing before that happened was I having the need to talk to someone who I've known being in the same school like I was. Currently, it may feel terrible.. but routinely, it's a mere tradition to worry about.


Then I parted from my fellow and resumed whatever the survey my mom was doing. Round and round, from smaller shops to bigger shops on both sides, left and right, then to another smaller ones. At the far end of the market looked pretty much denser when I saw even more people appeared out of the blue from a point of sight. I could have tell that a horde of shoppers came from an exodus from an endless source out of nowhere.


As far as I was concerned, I believed that this survey was gonna be a never-ending phase of the vacation time, under the sun.




Speaking of the survey, the markets around there were selling varieties of items and merchandises. Most of the shops were selling one type of variety of those which comprises stalls selling glasses and shades, cutleries, bags, accessories, shirts and dresses, pyjamas, boxers and lingeries, food and drinks, traditional medicines, garishly inexpensive music instruments (especially the traditional ones), hardwares, homewares, woven baskets, flowers and ornamental plants and even children's toys.



Counting how many shops I could count was already as tiring as walking into every each one of them, just to ease up a slight boredom that was slowly growing in myself.


But everything started to cheer up things in here..
when I came across a toy stall where there was this little girl involved.


She was cute. Silky-smooth long haired. Fair skin. Hazel coloured candy eyes and the best thing was she was adorably tiny. As tiny as any lovely youngster you could've imagined that you wished she was your little angel.



When there she was with her mother's hand in hers, she had this bubble blower in the other. Lovely as it was to see those sphere-shaped sparkles floating across the path zone and its ever appealing gleam from that thing. I stood lowly among the passing crowd and surprised to notice the rather amusing and pleasant fun that later began to gain attention to the local children and caused a widespread interest to them and I. Besides their poverty-looking behaviours, the children were amazed as the little girl's frolics with, seemingly, the only toy them young folks would probably find that entertaining.


That very enthusiasm from the children...
made me feel greatly rejoiced. Pleased by every sight of the glimmering bubbles,
                                                      swiftly floating under the bright heavenly sky.



This had went for like another 5 minutes, that I stayed rigid, looking at it.


The tiny group were having a blast altogether until the girl's mother broke out the fun for them. I pretty guessed it that it would end any sooner. And how miraculously funny it was for the crowd of local children waving back to the girl who seemed so caring, she might have thought that she'll be back to play with them again once more. The mother cracked a smile as well and then exited to the left, along with her daughter who left happily after.


 Gosh.


All I must say was that it had been painfully enlightening to see such proximity having an amusement amidst a place where I thought I would leave without something to put up with my boring visit.


You had no idea for me to describe that..


..all of my worries have now vanished like a pop of a bubble..

 

No comments:

Post a Comment